Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 random things

all over fb, people are writing 25 random things about themselves. i love randomness, and am excited about all the random things (about myself) that i could come up with. but am a little embarrassed to put it up on fb, so i shall write it here.

1. i used to have a stiff joint in my left thumb. i could lock my joint in place so that it'd be bent without me using muscles to hold it in position, and my friends would have great fun un-bending it. i thought it was pretty cool.

2. i live in a house with many many people, most of whom hardly talk to each other.

3. my childhood ambitions were, in order, to be a pilot, a kindergarten teacher and at twelve, to simply be a happy person. now, my dream jobs include interior designer, party planner, dressmaker, childcare centre owner, volunteer worker in south america and saver of the world.

4. i don't understand what love is.

5. my favourite foods are icecream, steamed fish, egg tofu, cabbage, and horfun.

6. i am fiercely competitive. i am also a perfectionist. to be honest to the bone, i don't like to be around people who are better than me because it makes me feel lousy about myself. but i hate it that i feel that way.

7. i psychoanalyse myself alot. to the point where sometimes i can't figure out which is the real me -- the me that comes up with the most honest and instinctive response or the me that psychoanalyzes myself.

8. once, in primary 2, i had food poisoning. and i had chicken rice and a slice of watermelon for lunch. i threw up bright red puke all over the (squat) toilet after that.

9. my dad bought me a hotdog and kickapoo for my first recess in primary 1.

10. i liked a boy called renee (i think it was pronounced as "ree-nee") when i was in kindergarten. he was the smartest and cutest boy in class. imo anyway.

11. when i was a kid, i thought that a female molester was called a molesbian.

12. the best memories of my life were of sc dance. i loved the concerts, the rehearsals, the costumes, waiting in the wings, standing on stage, the people... all of it.

13. i don't dare to be honest to myself sometimes.

14. i used to think my parents didn't love me. and i used to hate my name.

15. i used to also think that this life was but a game and the purpose of which was to kill me. i imagined that the water from the shower would turn scalding hot all of a sudden, or that someone would stab me with a knife.

16. twenty five random things is quite difficult to come up with.

17. supercalifragilisticaspialidocious. wait. that wasn't about me.

18. i struggle with God all the time. i doubt His validity, but deep down inside me i know He's here. somewhere.

19. sometimes i look into the mirror and think im ugly. other times, i think im ok.

20. i like to dance but im lousy at it.

21. i am a klutz. and i am extremely careless, messy and forgetful. ive lost my passport, and i think it was cos i threw it away.i cannot be organised for the life of me. in primary school i carried all my worksheet in one giant paper bag and would freak out whenever it was file-checking time. my work table is in a giant mess and creating files is almost an impossible task for me.

22. i screwed up my final project in my first sem in comm school. i couldn't see eye to eye with my group mates, thought that they were being racist, and insisted on my own way and opinion (yeah i know i do that alot). so i made some changes to the project when no one was looking, and ended up making a mess out of it.

23. i love being festivals co-chair! and wish it were my full time job.

24. i play this game where i'd try to make a word out of all the letters on the license plate of a random car that passes by. a more advanced level would be to make up the additional letters by coming up with a mathematical equation that gives an answer which corresponds to a letter in the alphabet.

25. i sleep alot. i think i have a sleeping disease. i can take 4 hour naps. and still be able to sleep at night.

No comments: